Thursday, January 29, 2009

Post-race thoughts from the #85 team

Michael Gomez, driver: "I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for such a moving and rewarding experience with the Children's Tumor Foundation. From the NF Heroes to the parents to the family and friends, all were such wonderfully genuine people that I raced with a completely different purpose and focus. As my time in the race car progressed, a bigger and bigger smile developed inside my helmet as I realized each completed lap was assisting those I had met over the magical weekend."

Frank Resciniti (#85 crew chief and Farnbacher Loles team manager): "This was the most worthwhile race at Daytona of my whole career." (Frank was crew chief for the Corvette CR-5, with drivers Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt, Jr., when it finished fourth overall at the 2001 Rolex 24 so that means a lot.)

No. 85 Pit Crew: The drivers pooled their money which they wanted to give to the #85 crew members as thanks for their hard work during the Rolex 24. When presented with the gift, the Farnbacher Loles crew turned down the offer and instead asked that the money be donated to the Racing4Research program. A remarkable gesture - every member of the team was truly touched by the weekend.

No comments: